NEW YORK, Aug. 4, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — As per Zion Market Research study, the global ophthalmic drugs market was valued at USD 38.13 billion in 2021 and is predicted to expand to USD 60.31 billion by 2028, with a CAGR of roughly 5.9%.
Key Industry Insights & Finding of the Ophthalmic Drugs Market Reports:
- As per the analysis shared by our research analyst, the Ophthalmic Drugs Market is expected to grow annually at a CAGR of around 5.9 % (2022-2028).
- Through the primary research, it was established that the Ophthalmic Drugs Market was valued approximately USD 38.13 Billion in 2021 and is projected to reach to roughly USD 60.31 Billion by 2028.
- North America is predicted to dominate the global ophthalmic drugs market during the forecast period, accounting for major revenue, owing to the high consumer awareness and availability of superior healthcare infrastructure and availability of superior healthcare infrastructure.
- Asia Pacific, the rising consumer awareness and increased prevalence of ocular diseases are projected to fuel market expansion.
- Obtaining and maintaining a therapeutic dose at the site of action for an extended period of time is one of the fundamental challenges of ocular medication.
Zion Market Research published the latest report titled as “Ophthalmic Drugs Market By Disease (Dry Eye, Eye Allergy, Glaucoma, Eye Infection, Retinal Disorders, And Others), By Drug Class (Antiallergy, Anti-VEGF Agents, Anti-Inflammatory, Antiglaucoma, And Others), By Dosage Form (Gels, Eye Solutions, Capsules & Tablets, Eye Drops, And Ointments), By Route Of Administration (Topical, Local Ocular, And Systemic), By Product Type (Prescription Drugs And OTC Drugs), And By Region – Global And Regional Industry Overview, Market Intelligence, Comprehensive Analysis, Historical Data, And Forecasts 2022 – 2028.” into their research database.
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Overview
There are many different types of eye disorders and diseases. Preventable blindness and visual impairment are caused by refractive errors, glaucoma, and cataracts. Some of the most prevalent causes of eye disorders are smoking, genetics, chemical irritants, vitamin inadequacy, allergies, and infection. Ophthalmic drugs are a diverse group of medications, each of which serves a distinct role in ophthalmic therapy or operation.
Get a Free Sample Report with All Related Graphs & Charts (with COVID 19 Impact Analysis): https://www.zionmarketresearch.com/sample/ophthalmic-drugs-market
Our Free Sample Report Includes:
- 2022 Updated Report Introduction, Overview, and In-depth industry analysis
- COVID-19 Pandemic Outbreak Impact Analysis Included
- 180 + Pages Research Report (Inclusion of Updated Research)
- Provide Chapter-wise guidance on Request
- 2022 Updated Regional Analysis with Graphical Representation of Size, Share & Trends
- Includes Updated List of tables & figures
- Updated Report Includes Top Market Players with their Business Strategy, Sales Volume, and Revenue Analysis
- Zion Market Research methodology
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Growth Drivers
- Growing prevalence of eye-related disorders is fueling the market growth.
The global need for ophthalmic drugs is growing as the frequency of eye diseases rises. Eye diseases have already surfaced as possible dangers to people’s visual experience in many developed and developing countries. Diabetes treatment has been introduced as the prevalence of diabetes has increased in many nations as it leads to diabetic retinopathy. Because of the difficulties in detecting glaucoma early and the requirement for long-term treatment, glaucoma has been on the healthcare agenda for millennia. In 2021, according to the WHO, over 2.2 billion individuals have blindness or visual impairment, with at least 1 billion of those having a vision impairment that can be avoided. The 1 billion population consists of those with severe or limited vision impairment due to trachoma, diabetic retinopathy, corneal opacities, glaucoma, cataract, and unresolved refractive error, as well as those with imminent vision impairment due to unspecified presbyopia. The growing geriatric population is exacerbating the prevalence of ocular disorders, with uncorrected refractive errors and cataracts being the leading causes of visual impairment. The majority of persons with visual problems are above the age of 50. All such factors are fostering market growth.
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Restraints
- Side effects associated with the ophthalmic drugs to restrain the market growth.
Ophthalmic medications have their own set of side effects. Some of the common side effects that have a tendency to have a severe expression include eye itching, red eyes, eye inflammation, and skin rash. Further, some drugs may also have infrequent side effects for the user which include eye irritation and blurred vision. Some of the patients also experience some rare side effects with the use of the ophthalmic drug that consists of increased intraocular pressure, inflammation of the cornea (keratitis), sensitivity to light & redness of the eye, conjunctival hemorrhage, and many more. All such side effects related to ophthalmic drugs may limit the growth of the market.
Directly Purchase a Copy of the Report @ https://www.zionmarketresearch.com/buynow/su/ophthalmic-drugs-market
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Opportunities
- Increasing approvals of the therapeutics to boost the market growth during the forecast period.
The number of innovative treatments approved by the FDA is increasing. As a result, there is a huge requirement for advanced ophthalmology drugs. The most recent ophthalmic medication trend is to achieve enough drug concentrations at the targeted area of the eye while eliminating adverse effects. The global ophthalmic drugs market is expected to benefit from the growing investment by the market players for pipeline expansion, as well as increased approvals for the introduction of therapeutic drugs thereby driving the growth of the market during the forecast period.
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Challenges
- Issues related to ocular drug delivery to act as a challenge for market growth.
One of the most attractive and difficult issues faced by pharmaceutical researchers is ocular drug delivery. Obtaining and maintaining a therapeutic dose at the site of action for an extended period of time is one of the fundamental challenges of ocular medication. The barriers that protect the eye make ocular medication distribution difficult. The active pharmacological substance’s bioavailability is sometimes the most difficult barrier to overcome. Traditional ocular dose forms, such as eye drops, are no longer effective in the fight against ocular diseases. In addition to this, to maintain an effective medication level, the drug product must be administered on a regular basis. This, however, can result in toxicity & overdose which are two issues that need to be addressed, patient compliance suffers as a result of the added inconvenience, dealing with a high-priced active pharmaceutical ingredient, may lead to the high cost of the drug. All these factors may act as major challenges for market growth.
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market: Segmentation
- The global ophthalmic drug market is categorized based on disease, drug class, dosage form, route of administration, product type, and region.
By disease, the market is classified into retinal disorders, eye infection, glaucoma, eye allergy, dry eye, and others. Based on the drug class, the market is bifurcated into antiglaucoma, anti-inflammatory, anti-VEGF agents, antiallergy, and others. The dosage form segment comprises ointments, eye drops, capsules & tablets, eye solutions, and gels. The route of administration segment is split into systemic, local ocular, and topical. By product type, the market is classified into OTC drugs and prescription drugs.
Get More Insight before Buying@ : https://www.zionmarketresearch.com/inquiry/ophthalmic-drugs-market
List of Key Players of Ophthalmic Drugs Market:
- NOVARTIS AG
- F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE LTD
- BAUSCH & LOMB INCORPORATED
- Alcon Inc.
- ABBVIE Inc.
- TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD.
- SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED
- SANTEN PHARMACEUTICAL CO.LTD
- REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS INC.
- PFIZER INC.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What are the growth rate forecast and market size for Ophthalmic Drugs Market?
- What are the key driving factors propelling the Ophthalmic Drugs Market forward?
- What are the most important companies in the Ophthalmic Drugs Market Industry?
- What segments does the Ophthalmic Drugs Market cover?
- How can I receive a free copy of the Ophthalmic Drugs Market sample report and company profiles?
Market size value in 2021
USD 38.13 Billion
Revenue forecast in 2028
USD 60.31 Billion
CAGR of almost 5.9 % 2022-2028
2016 – 2021
2022 – 2028
By Product Type, By Application, and By End Use
Value (USD Billion), and Volume (Units)
Revenue in USD million/billion and CAGR from 2022 to 2028
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa, and Rest of World
U.S., Canada, Mexico, U.K., Germany, France, Italy, Spain, China, India, Japan, South Korea, Brazil, Argentina, GCC Countries, and South Africa, among others
NOVARTIS AG, F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE LTD, BAUSCH & LOMB INCORPORATED, Alcon, Inc., ABBVIE Inc., TEVA PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LTD., SUN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRIES LIMITED, SANTEN PHARMACEUTICAL CO., LTD, REGENERON PHARMACEUTICALS INC., and PFIZER INC.
Market growth drivers, restraints, opportunities, Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory landscape, market attractiveness analysis by segments and region, company market share analysis, and COVID-19 impact analysis.
- North America to rule the market during the forecast period.
North America is predicted to dominate the global ophthalmic drugs market during the forecast period, accounting for major revenue, owing to the high consumer awareness and availability of superior healthcare infrastructure and availability of superior healthcare infrastructure. Furthermore, the presence of prominent competitors in this region, such as Alcon and Pfizer, Inc., is projected to boost the market growth. Over the projection period, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region in the market. In Asia Pacific, the rising consumer awareness and increased prevalence of ocular diseases are projected to fuel market expansion. Local businesses are launching strategic endeavors to develop and market innovative patient care solutions. As a result, market growth is likely to accelerate.
Global Ophthalmic Drugs Market is segmented as follows:
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: By Disease Outlook (2022-2028)
- Dry Eye
- Eye Allergy
- Eye Infection
- Retinal Disorders
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: By Drug Class Outlook (2022-2028)
- Anti-VEGF Agents
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: By Dosage Form Outlook (2022-2028)
- Eye Solutions
- Capsules & Tablets
- Eye Drops
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: By Route of Administration Outlook (2022-2028)
- Local Ocular
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: By Product Type Outlook (2022-2028)
- Prescription Drugs
- OTC Drugs
Ophthalmic Drugs Market: By Region Outlook (2022-2028)
- The U.S.
- The UK
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Press Release For Ophthalmic Drugs Market : https://www.zionmarketresearch.com/news/global-ophthalmic-drugs-market
Browse Other Related Research Reports from Zion Market Research
- Cannabis Cultivation Market – Global Industry Analysis: The global Cannabis Cultivation Market accrued earnings worth approximately 147.3 (USD Billion) in 2020 and is predicted to gain revenue of about 359.6 (USD Billion) by 2028, is set to record a CAGR of nearly 14.5% over the period from 2021 to 2028.
- Pharmaceutical Sterility Testing Market – Global Industry Analysis: The global Pharmaceutical Sterility Testing Market accrued earnings worth approximately 1.2(USD Billion) in 2020 and is predicted to gain revenue of about 2.3 (USD Billion) by 2028, is set to record a CAGR of nearly 11.9% over the period from 2021 to 2028.
- Respiratory Disorders Treatment Market – Global Industry Analysis: The global Respiratory Disorders Treatment market accrued earnings worth approximately 98.9 (USD Billion) in 2020 and is predicted to gain revenue of about 112.5(USD Billion) by 2028, is set to record a CAGR of nearly 6.1% over the period from 2021 to 2028.
Browse through Zion Market Research’s coverage of the Global Pharmaceutical Industry
Zion Market Research is an obligated company. We create futuristic, cutting edge, informative reports ranging from industry reports, company reports to country reports. We provide our clients not only with market statistics unveiled by avowed private publishers and public organizations but also with vogue and newest industry reports along with pre-eminent and niche company profiles. Our database of market research reports comprises a wide variety of reports from cardinal industries. Our database is been updated constantly in order to fulfill our clients with prompt and direct online access to our database. Keeping in mind the client’s needs, we have included expert insights on global industries, products, and market trends in this database. Last but not the least, we make it our duty to ensure the success of clients connected to us—after all—if you do well, a little of the light shines on us.
Zion Market Research
244 Fifth Avenue, Suite N202
New York, 10001, United States
Tel: +49-322 210 92714
USA/Canada Toll Free No.1-855-465-4651
Blog – https://techpru.com/